Pages

Friday 28 December 2018

Merry Christmas and now it's time to go.

   I hope your Christmas, festive break, happy holiday (feel free to add your own discription here) is going well The turkey is in the oven, discussions over what vegtables and other foodstuffs should accompany the Turkey have been had. Personal grievences regarding Brussel Sprouts have been aired. A vote was taken as to whether pigs in blankets are an appetizer or part of the main dish. Unbelieveable only two of us are having Christmas pudding. My fellow pudding eater and I have already agreed that come next years Christmas the none pudding eating, softy Liberal children will be excluded. It's just the two of us from now on and Fred the dog. He's smart enough to eat what's put in front of him, not touch the alcohol and spends the rest of the day asleep in his basket.
   I posted my first entry on the 13th April 2010. It started out as a secret diary. I wanted to keep a log of how things went after my marriage ended but I'm pretty scatty about where I put stuff. So was a bit worried one of my daughters might come across my ramblings. My brother suggested I blogged. I told him I was a bit concerned someone might read it, as it was personal. After he stopped laughing. He wondered out loud who would want to read anything spell checker and myself could possibly have to say. That's about as positive as he gets regarding anything I'm doing. So with that glowing recommendation I started.
   As a fully paid up member of the dyslexic community, those early posts were a struggle. Although I happily stuck with it but there were occasions when Spell Checker wished I hadn't. Still, I improved over time (I refer here to the spelling not the content) there was the occasional paragraph that escaped any red lines. On those odd days I felt like Dickens. There are even a couple of posts buried amongest the heap, that actually seem to be written by a proper grown up. That really spurred me on to make more of an effort. To be able to write something that was easy to read, interesting and hopefully entertaining. So that's what I intend to do. A new blog on a subject that has nothing to do with me.
   I'd like to end by saying thank you for subjecting to the torment of having to read through my drivel. An even bigger thank you to the very small band who left comments. I hope your blogs continue to florish.

Onwards upwards and careering towards fulfilment :))) 

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for a very nice New Year!
    Sad to read you are closing your blog, but I understand, even without your explanations. Will you let us know your new blog, or is it up to us to find it on the web...?

    ReplyDelete