Pages

Friday 8 February 2013

A little confession ......

   I ended up with more than the spice jar at the Auction. I got a picture too. It's a still life in oil painted by some hound called E Moll, in 1924. Seeing as I'm broke I really shouldn't be buying anything. Well anything that isn't a bill, bit's for work or food but I couldn't resist it. No doubt one day in the distant future, I'll die very broke and very skinny but surrounded by some really lovely furniture and pictures.
   Once home, I propped it up on top of the kitchen radiator. Made a coffee and just sat there looking at it. It's very dirty, well so would you if you'd been hung up somewhere for ninety odd years. The varnish has also yellowed. So I've decided to clean away the accumulated muck and then re-varnish. It didn't cost me much (forty quid) and isn't a missing masterpiece so there's no great risk but I promise you I will be very, very careful and not strip away too much.

   As you can see from picture number 2 on the left. I've cleaned a little near the top right hand corner and there's a lot of muck coming off. I'm using a proper picture cleaning fluid and taking my time. I'll keep you posted on the progress. It could do with a grander frame to. The current one really doesn't do it justice. I really will have to get my shit together and start earning lol. The recent visits to markets and galleries and my little auction buys have been really stimulating but it costs. So as much as I enjoyed and may be because, I enjoyed I need to get my work life back. It's not rocket science is it.
   So just to prove to you I'm trying. I promised myself I wouldn't post this until I'd done some work work.
   .............Well it's here so I must of done some work.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of fulfillment and happyness :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment