Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

I can almost taste freedom.

   We'll that's a tad over dramatic. Maybe there's a faint whiff of it in the air. Before I go on and  just for clarification, the following is my take on things. My side of the story. Of which there are always at least two sides.
   I having been staying back at my old house. Getting it ready to sell. It's been a frustrating time. Every time I put some paint on a wall, move something or tidy something. It's,, "why are you wasting time doing that." Followed a day later with, "that looks much better now" It's on the market and the agent has arranged an open day, this coming Saturday. There's still a ton todo but I think we'll get there.
   So in no particular order, I've realized or rediscovered the following:

   The garden layout planned and worked on all those years ago still looks good. It's not a big garden but the plan has worked well. My only twinge of disappointment is whether I have time to repeat the process. A couple of the trees are over twenty years old now. I'll be 75 if I repeat the process. I guess I can cheat a little by digging a hole and put my deckchair n it, everything will look taller from down there.
   I've cut a few corners with some of the work in the house in the past. Either through ignorance or lazyness and now it's cost me, having to put things right. Lesson learned.
   While straightening out the garage and loft I've uncovered things I brought years ago. I came across a little ink well and pen stand. I have a nice lamp and stationary box that will go with it. I'll need to find a desk for them to to all sit on and a house for the desk but that's just a minor detail isn't it !
    My ex has been pretty negative. Selling the house isn't what she really wants to do but she hasn't come up with any alternatives just smart arse comments. Whose only point is to twist the knife while she still can.
   Being back and being an "outsider" I can see it far more clearly, now, I'm not saying her way is the wrong way but the combination of our two different personalities had a very detrimental effect on mine over the years. No one's fault, things like this creep up on you over time. I've conceded and given up a fair bit to get this far and having to once again soak up this negativity is becoming a little trying but we're almost there. I just need to keep smiling we're almost there
   I don't cope with other people's negativity well, there's no room for it in my life this time round. Anything else, joy, pain, laughter or tears just not negativity. It's been said before but it's worth repeating, every hour of every day, "lifes too short".
   However we are almost, almost there.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of fulfilment and happiness :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment