Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2018

My life with pictures (part 3)

   Now I knew what I liked, saw how someone else put together their pictures and why. So I'm buying paintings and drawings. Not often and never for much money. It was more about the getting out and searching really. Each would be met, when it came home with me with "more rubbish" or " you can hang THAT in the garage." Well that's a little unfair occasionally she did like the odd one and if someone came over and said "Oh I like that" she'd say "Oh yes, we brought that at so and so."
WE! No WE didn't, I thought. It makes me smile now, well almost :) but at the time it really used to get to me. Ex Mrs Spanner still has a few of those pictures in her new home. Although she very kindly said I could keep them all if I wished but she did chose a few which was fine with me.
   Time rolled on and we had two girls who would of been around 6 and 10 at the time.
 "Daddy" said the 10 year old," how many pictures do we have on the walls?"
" I'm not sure, um ten fifteen?"
"Twenty three. I had to count them for school. The teacher asked how many pictures we had and we all had to count them."
"Wow, twenty three. Who had the most?"
"We did" I noted the reply didn't have that "YES" jump up and down feel to it. She takes after her mother here, when it comes to anything her dad collects
"Siobhan was second. They have seven"
"Oh right, well is that good?"
"I guess so." I felt the very faint chance of a possible conversion here but as it currently stands. All grown up and nearly thirty she has just two in her home. Still five behind Siobhans parents.

Onwards, upwards and careering towards fulfillment :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment