Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Today's my birthday.

   Today I'm fifty ten. An age only other people reach. I have never really had any sense of how old I am. Twenty one was good, so I've always been twenty one, while everyone else has got older. Now, reluctantly I'm going to accept I'm twenty one nolonger. There having been several clues to this of course. Any kind of getting up, sitting down, tying my shoe laces etc is accompanied by an involuntary "Ooh." Other people drive badly. I always seem to be blowing my nose and occasionally find two hankies in my pockets. I'm sometimes woken by a noise in the middle of the night only to realise it was probably me snoring. My laugh and I do laugh a lot. Has now somehow morphed into  Muttley's.
   None of this is bad news. Fifty ten is the new twenty one and God willing I can be fifty ten for quite a few years to come.
   I've taken the day off. After breakfast I'll mooch around a local auction house. The current book and I will walk up to the pub and spend lunchtime enjoying a couple beers and as many pages as I can be bothered with. This evening, I'm following that very English tradition of ending the day at the local Indian, sharing a curry with friends.

Onwards, upwards and careering towards a vindaloo and fulfillment :)))

1 comment: