Pages

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Bounce your thoughts.

   "It's not that you can't, it's just that you haven't." Chapter 14 is such a clever, simple chapter. It turns a difficult thought into a simple one. Change isn't as difficult as you think. Why? well because you just don't try it enough. I remember trying to learning to drive and thinking "am I going to be the only person I know who can't drive a bloody car." Slowly but surely you can change.
   In other news. I'm back at home by the sea for the first time in over a week. I woke up around 7 and was off for a walk along the beach just before 8. There wasn't a soul around, the street full of the same cars that were here last night although now with a dusting of frost on them. Margate's a pretty depressed place in reality. When the sun shines and the beaches are full it masks the fact that there isn't much work. So it appears I'm the poster boy for industry and early starts here in my corner of town. There couldn't have been many applicants for the post, for me to have been the pick of the bunch or maybe they just held the interviews early when the street was still asleep?
   So, back to the beach. As I went through the gap I could see the ships at anchor in the near distance waiting their turn to unload further along the estuary at Tilbury or Sheerness. The sea was pretty calm and the sky clear. All the seaweed from a couple of months ago was gone, just a sandy beach and me. The child inside me isn't buried very deep so I'm always thinking I'm going to find some treasure washed up from a long forgotten wreck. today was no different from previous beach combing days. No finds, a couple of nice shells and various footprints disappearing into the distance. I added my footprints but not in a usual straight line oh no, more a mazzy staggered path. For no other reason, than the thought that someone would come along later and wonder what kind of drunken fool had been staggering along their beach. Did I mention the child in me?
   There were a couple of other things I saw during my meander but I've taken up enough of your time for now.

Onwards and upwards in search of fulfillment :-)    

No comments:

Post a Comment