Pages

Tuesday 9 November 2010

Day 221. An Early Start.

Had an early morning (5:45) call for an urgent job. So off I went and now I'm back fed and typing my morning thoughts before I leave again for work.
My mood is still sunny and bright. Unlike the weather. The modification of my poor behaviour patterns continues. I have to look in the mirror and say "I love you" thirty time a day. It feels abit odd but It doesn't hurt and it can only do me good. Blocking off the irrational thoughts and replacing them with something far more positive is proving a little more difficult but not impossible.
Thinking of five positives everytime a negative wanders across the horizon is a challenge, three positives come along quickly but you have to think hard to get to five. The plus there, is that your mind is thinking up positives and has no time to dwell on the negs.
I have found a couple of sites on the web with good positive "one liners". So I pick one and text it to myself and sometimes the girlfriend, if it's particularly good.
Last night I moved a few things round the flat and put up a couple of pictures and a mirror. It's starting to be my flat now and it's nice to be surrounded by my own bits and pieces.
Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment