Pages

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Day 222. A Slow Start.

Well it would be after a late night and almost a whole bottle of red wine. That said slept well and woke feeling pretty positive. As I've already said. I'm managing the negative stuff pretty well at the moment. The problem is some of the negative stuff needs to be resolved and cannot just be pushed out because it makes me feel bad. I guess I'm going to have to develop two different ways of dealing with it. The simple one of replacing negative thoughts with more positive thoughts and the more difficult one (because it requires me to get off my arse)of planning a swift course of action to deal with it (which turns it into a positive, right?).
I'm coming to terms with the fact that this is going to take time. I need to strike a healthy balance though. Not set a date on it, which is unrealistic and will put me back but have some kind of timetable where by I can see movement progress and resolution. I'm going to do now, the exact opposite of what I would normally do. I'm not going to think about it. I'm going to do something completely different for 20 minutes or so and I'll let my mind come back to the subject when it's ready.
So for now onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment