Pages

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Day 2

I'm up relatively early to get my daily entry here done and off to work. Last night I did my "to do" list for today and once I've completed this that will be one item to cross off so the day starts well.
"To do" lists? Well many years ago when I was working for a company in Knightsbridge, they had a very nice lady who came in a couple of time to show us all the benefits of "to do" lists. How to prioritise the items on them how to update them as the day progressed and how to review them. Now you may think doing a list is a complete waste of time but believe me we all become very efficient junior managers strolling round with our lists, crossing items off and adding new ones as we went about our business. Over the years and as my jobs have change I've reverted back to lists but only in a very half hearted way until now.
During my web searching several sites suggest staying busy gives you less time to sink deeper into your depression. so I'm back on "to do" lists in a big way. Most of the ten items on my daily list are work related (it's where I spend most of my day) but there are a couple of things on there aimed at family and friends and most important a this early stage there should be something there for you. A little bit of your day will be spent doing something you enjoy and benefits you 100% and at the end of the day you can look back over your list see what you've achieved. Write out you next list and go to sleep knowing things have moved forward. Have a positive day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment