Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Belief

Reading Meds blog on luck ( http://mehdibayjou.blogspot.com/ ) got me thinking about belief and it's effects. We all seem to believe in something and that something is taken on trust. Religion, in all it's guises, the New Age Movement, pantheism etc etc. My beliefs I guess are broadly Christian I've been decluttering my "belief cupboard" of late. Keeping what makes sense and making room for, well I'm not sure as yet but it will be something simple (like me). There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to beliefs. If it works for you, particularly when times are tough. Then that's fine. I've accompanied MissG to church recently and was taken with the general sense of joy there. She sighed me up for a daily email of "word of the day" (http://www.ucb.co.uk/word_for_today ) It's basically common sense stories taken from the Bible and I was surprised how often it was relevant to me. Then I realized that's because the kind of hurdles I face daily are the same ones faced by most of us, it's how we deal with them that sets us apart. So I gained a kind of odd comfort from that. Regardless of how I feel, there is no giving up for me. I've known success and failure and I guess I'll continue to meet both along the way. So be it. At least I'll have something to write about, lol.

Work is a bit of a mess at the moment. I am not doing very well at planning this out or motivating myself. There's a balance to be struck. I need the work but I need the time to deal with it properly, price, do the work and invoice. As there is no separation between work and personal life, each affects the other. I need to sort this out as quickly as possible. I have a little time over the next day or two. So need to make the same effort I made when MissG and I split. It's as important. I have to stop wasting opportunities, which to be frank I am. It's costing me and has to stop now.

My personal life on the other hand is going fine at the moment. I've reach the bottom of that particular hole and am well on my way out of it . I'm not taking anything for granted and working on my relationships with various friends and family. I've managed to strike a better balance, where I don't allow people to take advantage, knowningly or not. I'm much better at making my feelings known and not giving in for an easier life short term.


So, the little pills, clear thinking (at times) and a growing inner strength are enabling me to cope better than before and dare I say, move forwards.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment