Pages

Saturday 18 December 2010

Day 260. Changing the way I learn.

So I kept in touch with the clients today and went through my Affirmations. Not a bad start but I need to stick to it.
I need to give my affirmations a regular spot, when I wake up or go to bed. So they get the regular use they need to work.
While I'm doing that I may as well plan in some study time. Each year around Christmas, I make a couple of resolutions to do this or that. To be brutally honest I fail each time. It's only recently occurred to me that each year I use the same failed learning processes as the year before (Dooh). It's never occurred to me to change the record. What a plank I am. So along with this years new resolutions will come new learning techniques.
Overall I'm feeling happy at the moment. I'm sleeping well and dealing with the odd black cloud to the point where they disappear within a few minutes. I've got £25 in my pocket nothing in the bank. I owe family and friends about a £1000. There are several bills unpaid and the rent is due in a week or so. Normally I'd be in the depths of despair right now and blaming the world for my bad luck. So what's the difference? I've learnt to stop worrying if I can't do anything about it and do something about it when I can. Sounds straight forward doesn't it. In fact a lot of the crap in my life had straight forward solutions to them. It was just my twisted logic that refused to see it.
I'm writing alot more recently too and it's all pretty grown up. Maybe I'm turning the corner? I'd like to think I am.
I found this quote from the French writer Colette," What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I’d realized it sooner."

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment