Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Day 400. A new friend!

A few days ago I mentioned that I felt very alone. Despite the fact that there are family and friends around me. Well I have been giving this some thought and realised I didn't count me as a friend. So I had a think about the qualites I posessed and whether that would make me good friend material. On balance they would but some of those qualities are a bit buried and need dusting off. So I've decided to give it a go and see if I can become a good and worthwhile friend to myself. Use all those qualities I possess and work on the one or two negative parts to my personality to see if I can provide the kind of backup and support I'll need over the coming weeks and months.

I know that all sounds a bit strange. During counselling I was told that if you didn't love and respect yourself nobody else could or would. So I guess my opening paragraph today is really my way of discovering that love and respect.

I have a little picture on my phone of my pile of stones in France. It's not a great shot but you can see the cottage amongst the trees. Well after my comments a couple of days ago about short term goals I decided to change it for something else. I found "Carpe Diem" (which as you know is Latin for "Seize the day") on a google images search. It's in electric blue on a black background and looks rather snazzy on my phone. It also catches my attention every time I end a call. I become a bit focused on what's at hand everytime I see it.

[In Horace (a Romen poet) the phrase is part of the longer Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero – "Seize the Day, putting as little trust as possible in the future", and the ode says that the future is unforeseen, and that instead one should scale back one's hopes to a brief future,]

Well that's enough for today.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment