Pages

Saturday 26 November 2011

Acceptance and looking back.

"I need to bounce back." How often have I said that or read that? As I get older I don't bounce as well as I did. That's not a bad thing though. Why do I need to rush right back into the chaos. Use my old age wisdom for once, we all acquire it, so why don't I use it.Wouldn't it be better to take a bit of time figuring out what to do next? When you hit rock bottom do you have the necessary skills and tools to bounce back? Maybe accept what is and use that as your base and foundation to build on.
That's what's been going on in the background as I've got to grips with the move, my sick van and getting some work. So a few people this week have heard. Sorry that's not going to happen until I've got this and that sorted. I'm no longer putting me last. Changing the water pump on the van has become a real chore (I can't afford a mechanic and no work means I have the time but not the knowledge, damn and blast) today however I managed to get through the pain barrier, both physical (squashed fingers) and mental (figuring out solutions) and now have a plan and a renewed confidence. Small job offers have been coming in. The deference this time is I've set realistic dates to do the work and not crowded it all in.
None of the above is a bounce back. It's a steady level march forwards for the moment. Which I have to say feels like a great victory. Odd but true.

"Looking back" sadly not some interesting little snippet into my past life, more a "public service message." I tend to type away at a post, half read it. Then push the publish button. Only to go back to it a couple of days later reread the gibberish and rewrite the thing. So please feel free to go back a few days. It might make a bit more sense.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness :-)

2 comments:

  1. I finally found your blog! Hurray! Hurray!


    I agree with you, the older we get the harder it gets to bounce back. Maybe because little kids have springs instead of bones....
    anyway, I've spent the last hour or so drinking coffee, and reading your blog. I hope things get a little better for you. Moving is stressful, but is the new flat nicer than the old one?

    You said a lot I could relate to, but the thing I was most impressed is the above piece about Mr. Speed. I hope you never ever feel that kind of despair. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

    Do you still have the kitty?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, The house I'm staying in is nicer than the flat but I'm a guest, which requires me to be on my best behaviour lol. It's out of London too, so quieter. well I say that but there's a train track near by and when the Express passes through it's a little noisier and the house shakes. Do you remember the "hostel" scene in the Blues Brothers? it's kind of like that but without the cool sound track.
    I'm glad you found me. Haven't heard from you in a while.
    Best wishes, Spanner

    ReplyDelete