Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

The day before yesterdays post was pants. Part 2.


I mentioned briefly that I was in the process of moving. Thinking it through it's quite an important move. This flat has acted as a transition between my old life and hopefully my new life. To celebrate this fact my current flatmate (daughter no2) and I are having a goodbye to the flat night, tonight. Our supper will also include Christmas pudding and a glass or two of wine. We both like Christmas pudding and it will act as a happy ending to what hasn't always been a happy time. In a few days we'll both be gone and it will lay empty for a while, waiting for it's new owners. If I'm near I'll drive by and take a look to see what's changed and think a little about my time here.

I think it will also be the end of my time in London. My life seems to be moving away. Years ago families would all stay in the same area. Family ties and bonds remained strong. Times have changed and it's not something most of us can do now. It will be a test for my daughters and me. Texts and motorways mean we're not that far apart physically or mentally anymore but effort is required and maybe "absence makes the heart grow fonder" will work in our favour.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment