Pages

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Day 454. Something different.

Usually if I'm feeling a bit low I'll ring a friend and have chat. Since the end of last week however I've given up on that and have just relied on me. Is this a good or bad thing. Has the time for talking ended and more action required or am I withdrawing into a shell? I don't have an answer but I do feel it's the right way to go.

Have I made any advances? or do I just dress things up to appear that I have? I guess it's a bit of both. Anyway tomorrow another opportunity to shine and cancel out today.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness :~)

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you aren't asking anyone but yourself these questions... but just to say that I second your efforts to stay in touch with people and prevent the depression from withdrawing you. I would always say don't ever go through depression alone. Unnecessary and too difficult.

    That said... talking with friends has its limitation because whilst the will is there, the expertise is not. I found talking to a therapist very helpful. The conversations had some direction to them... covered ground i wouldn't necessarily be comfortable with and accelerated my recovery. Worth thinking about?

    ReplyDelete