Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Day 309. Thank God it's Friday.

Another full day to end the week. I've had a nice slobby evening on the sofa in front of the TV and laptop. I've noticed this week that the blur between work and pleasure is clearing. I'm beginning to realize that there was no distinction between work and pleasure before. So I couldn't focus on work properly or enjoy myself when I was out. I do enjoy these unexpected realizations. Is this proof I'm further along the road to something better. Or am I just a thick twat ?

There were a couple of good things on the radio today. I don't mind music but the inane banter from the DJs between it drives me up the wall. So I end up listening to radio 4 or BBC7. Now not so long ago that would have condemned me to be labelled an "old fart" (maybe it still does). This week's been a bit different however. There are four or five young lads, working on the same job, in their early 20's. Who as the week's progressed. Have dropped by see what I'm listening to and have hung around. Now I don't believe they'll all be listening to the Archers next week but you never know.

One of these interesting things I heard was it takes 28 days to form a new habit. Well I looked that up this evening and it's all a little confusing. 21 days, 28 days, changing a bad habit or forming a new one. It doesn't seem an exact science but I did learn that most processes within the human body happen in 28 days. For instance, It takes 28 days to replace the cells of a human being's epidermis completely. What I don't understand is if it's completely new, why am I still so ugly?

There is no Star Person this evening. I've had a look around but nobody really catches my imagination.

So onwards and upwards :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment