Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Day 305. Past thoughts......

As I drove back last night, from an evening at the cinema with MissG. My mind wandered back to my childhood and a very special lady in my life, Mrs Richardson.

I had terrible problems learning to read and write as a youngster and when I was about 8 or 9 I had special reading classes with this lady. Which in the mid 60's in a state school in Cambelwell was a huge stroke of luck  If it hadn't been for her I don't know where I'd be now. I love to read and am beginning to enjoy writing too. There hasn't been a month in my life where I haven't thought of this woman. She's been the most influential person in my life. I guess she's past on now and this, thank you to her is long overdue but "thank you Mrs Richardson".

The day hasn't gone too badly. Sorted out a nonworking boiler in the morning. Tried to sort out a tiny leak on a shower tray in the afternoon and have had four call-outs  so far to boot.

Someone else who enabled others to read was Louis Braille. So he's my star man today.

Louis Braille (1809-1852)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Braille

Onwards and upwards :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment