Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

Day 312. I'm feeling quite cheerful.........

.......But the day didn't start like that. I really resent having to get up and go to work. I did though, got up early and cleared a bit of paperwork as well as straightened things out in the kitchen. Got on site on time and did a full day. Came home and this is where things changed. Normally I'd veg out for an hour and then finally drag myself up and make something to eat. Tonight I dropped my bits off then went straight out, walked down to the supermarket got a bit of shopping came back and made myself something to eat. Then finished my book. So not like me! more evidence of change maybe? I shall let you decide but I might add I feel in a good and cheerful mood.


So who shall I have, as Star of the Day? There was a good radio play last Thursday. It charted the relationship between Raymond Chandler and Billy Wilder, as they wrote the screen play for "Double Indemnity" . I know a little about Chandler but nothing about Wilder. So I did abit of googling. So today's Star is





Billy Wilder (1906 - 2002)





Did you know The American Film Institute has ranked four of Wilder's films among their top 100 American films of the 20th century and he has five in the top 100 of the Film Institute top 100 funniest American films of the 20th century. So he's a pretty influential guy when it comes to 20th Century film making. I found a nice quote at the bottom. Spanish filmmaker Fernando Trueba said in his acceptance speech for the 1993 Best Non-English Speaking Film Oscar: "I would like to believe in God in order to thank him. But I just believe in Billy Wilder... so, thank you Mr. Wilder." According to Trueba, Wilder called him the day after and told him: "Fernando, it's God."





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Wilder





Be lucky and remember Onwards and upwards :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment