Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 463+9. Good morning,

Well I'm now officially miserable. I came away from the Doctors yesterday with my first prescription for Anti Depressants. I have mixed emotions. They're designed to help which is good but it feels like a bit of a defeat to know you need the chemical to get you back on your feet. Actually I'll take that back, how often have I had a couple of large glasses of red wine to help with the enjoyment of an evening. Or an extra slice of cake because the first was so good :-)

I got a little work done yesterday. I'm aiming to get more done today. Once home I spent a bit of time on a late wedding present for a friends daughter and her new husband. I managed to collect bits of the wedding. An order of service card, confetti, a cork, ribbon, streamers and a picture of the happy couple. I'm making a collage of all the bits in a box frame. it's shaping up nicely and I'm getting a boost from doing it.

I've also changed the layout on the blog. I've put in some goals. Staying focused is a bit of a problem with me. So it should help to get in the right frame of mind while I type this and eat my porridge. I'm tinkering with other areas too. A bit of a face lift to bring a more positive feel to the whole thing.

Lastly, had a good read of the literature which accompanied the AD's and apparently loss of sexual drive is one of the side affects. Which considering my newly acquired single status is a positive. It's been a thin day for pluses so I'm really clutching at straws lol.

Onwards and upwards in the pursuit of happyness (and a missing sex drive) :-)

1 comment:

  1. You can add to your pluses that your sense of humour is fully functioning! Made me LOL too. I can sometimes be a bit slow and so I'll admit I've only just realised you're in the plumbing trade! Doh! I once met a guy called Yorkie, i thought he was nick named after the chocolate bar... was a while before the penny dropped, despite his accent! Good luck with the medication... I'm sure you've had plenty of people tell you to keep an eye on how your body reacts to them and get straight back in touch with GP if you have any concerns. Give them time too, and don't stop all the other brilliant stuff you are doing.

    Onwards...

    ReplyDelete