Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 277 and a half.

It's the first day of my "must dos" I've managed to get through them after a fashion. I didn't get out of the flat on time (3) I didn't do a little extra (6) and don't ask me about number 7.
MissG was coming over Wednesday and staying but shes slipped up with her work rota so Wednesdays off. Which has really taken the wind out of my sails. It is the one on going happy event of my life at the moment and having to wait another week before I see her is abit of a blow.
Still it will give me more time to get as much out of the way s possible before we go away next week.
I'm going to mention something that bugs me now. In-fact I'm going to add it to the "about me" section. I know there are millions out there who live in abject poverty, who are facing serious illness, either their own or someone close to them. Who face a far more challenging life than I do. I can do nothing for them. Don't for a minute think I am not thankful that I'm not in there shoes or I don't feel guilty about me moaning on about my predicament when theirs is far worse. However I can do something about my situation, they unfortunately aren't in the same position.
So it wasn't the best start to my new regime. Finding interesting people to add to the bottom of the page is however a success. I already have one up my sleeve for the future. As I think it's going to be difficult on occasions.

Frederick Douglass 1818-1895

Frederick Douglass started life as a slave and ended it as one of the most respected black men in American History.
During the 1888 Republican Convention, he became the first African-American to receive a vote to be nominated for the Presidency.

Goodnight/good morning to you and as always. Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment