Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Day 288. Home safe and sound.

MissG and I arrived back from our break and after I'd made something to eat she's on her way home and I'm here catching up on the blog.
It's been difficult to get many of the "9 things I must do" done but I have managed to live in the moment and not think about things that I can do nothing about.
The weekend will give me some time to get a few things done before Monday and get back to speed with the "9".
A bit of work is creeping in and I have the chance to be straight with most of my bills by the end of the week. It's not the most glorious of goals to achieve but I guess it's more important than I'm giving it credit. Maybe if I add the "9" to it and aim to have completed both by next Saturday then that will feel as if I'm moving forward and getting somewhere.
While I enjoyed my short break it has made me realise how much I've come to enjoy my own company. The chance to do what I like and when, isn't something I thought much about before. Is this part of the rehabilitation or something I just never noticed before?
I'm tired and need to get some sleep. So I'll end here for today. My plan is to read this weeks entries and do a weekend summary. So until then be lucky.
Star of the day......

Kate Swann (1964-).

Kate Swann is MD of WH Smith and the top Brit (number 26) on Fortunes "50 Most Powerful Women in Business". There isn't much about her on Wiki which considering her ranking is a bit odd or is it? She's married got a couple of kids and lives in Bishop Stortford (which is a nice place but it's no New York or Paris). Could this woman just be someone who is good (really good) at what she does but doesn't need all the trimmings that can come with that kind of role?

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment