Pages

Thursday 13 January 2011

Day 287. Or is it 286? I'm losing count.

As you may or may not know I'm in Cornwall with MissG having a two day break and staying with her sister.
To earn my stay, I'm cooking. Yesterday was potato, bacon and brussel sprout gratin (I hate sprouts but they're not bad in a gratin) with meatballs. Which went down well. Tonight it's Chicken in breadcrumbs (with a touch of curry powder) roast potatoes with basil and curly kale.
I've never cooked that much in the past but now I have to (as I'm on my own) I'm up for seeing if I can pass as a half decent cook.
I'm tempted to add my recipe pages to this blog. It would give you all something to laugh at after you've had to endure my grumbling daily posts.
Today after breakfast, we went into town and spent the day at an auction. We had looked in yesterday and brought a catalogue. So we had marked down our favorites and were ready.
Now being as broke as I am, going to an auction may seem a pretty dumb thing to do but where could you go, where you can sit in the warm, look at some nice pictures (and some rubbish ones) be entertained by the Auctioneer ( all wannabe actors) and still have change from a ten pound note.
Well six hours later and twenty six pounds lighter. We came out into the rain with two small watercolours, the catalogue with lots of prices written down next to the four hundred odd lots and fortified by a pint of cider for MissG and a Guinness for me. There where one or two. Well actually eight or nine pictures, just out of my financial reach that I would of loved to have brought. Given some time, application and a little luck we might be back in the near future.
Seeing as I've spent the day looking at paintings my "Star of the day" is.....

Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci. (1452 –1519).

Was an Italian polymath: painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist and writer (I wonder how many of his neighbours thought he was a bit of a big head?).

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment