Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

Day 301. As bad as yesterday but.....

..... I think I may know why but just before I start, the French film that got me going the other night is on again. Fate has created a little pocket for my despair to live in. After the film ( yes I'm watching it ) I can resume my climb upwards out of this funk and do something useful or maybe something wonderful or outstanding or well you get the idea.

So back to the beginning. Why am I finding it hard to get started in the mornings. I think the reason is the unexpected. This week my work has been made up of things I don't normally do or have little experience in. Things are slow so I have to take what comes. Anyway I think my slow starts are a way of avoiding them. If I don't do it I can't fail can I? Well yes I can by doing nothing I fail big time. So from now on I need to trust in my abilities and hold my nerve. Here's part of a poem which I think applies.
"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew, to serve your turn long after they are gone, and so hold on when there is nothing in you except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'
It's by Kipling. I've copied and pasted it below. It's a wonderful poem. OMaybe one day if I'm lucky enough to have a grandson. It would be fun to learn it and then recite it to him. When he's feeling a little low or unsure. It's a wonderfully simple message. See for yourself.

IF

IF you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

I think RK would make a great star man! he knew real success and failure.

Rudyard Kipling (1865 - 1936)

Please open the wiki link and read about this man. He packed plenty into his 70 odd years and be honest isn't "Jungle Book" (written by RK in 1894) one of your favorite Disney films?

PS before I sign off. The film has just ended and this time I managed a smile.

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment