Pages

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Day 278. Targets and goals.

I wonder, if the goals and targets I set can have a detrimental effect on me and not the positive, it's supposed to. If the gap between where I am and where I want to be is too great can a minor setback seem like something greater? or just the fact that there is this huge gap prove too much.
I think I need to set a few short term goals and see how they work out.
My star person today didn't make it till his mid fifties so I like him already,

Ray Kroc (1902-1984)

Ray Kroc, a high school drop out. Kroc took a job playing piano for a radio station at night and selling paper cups by day. He next became fascinated with a multi-mixer milkshake machine and purchased the marketing rights to it. For the next 17 years, Kroc traveled the country selling his milkshake making miracle to whoever would listen. As he made the rounds to customers, he became intrigued by a hamburger restaurant in San Bernardino, California owned by the McDonald brothers. While the McDonald brothers were satisfied with their small franchise, Kroc believed the burger business had far greater potential. Although Kroc was by then a 53 year old man suffering from diabetes and arthritis and missing both his thyroid and gall bladder, he had a vision of turning the restaurant into a global fast food empire. In 1961, he purchased the McDonald’s franchise. In only a few years years, Kroc had sold a billion hamburgers and opened the franchise’s 500th store.

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment