Pages

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Day 294. Treading water.

I was going to entitle 294 as "A step backwards" which in part is true but there were things I did get done. So on balance "treading water" is a far fairer title. I won't dwell on it. Lets move on to more positive thoughts.
I'm moving forwards and now need to up the pace. The easy way to do that is get to bed at a reasonable time stick to the plan and hopefully reap the benefits.
Now my star of the day. As you may or may not know I'm going to improve my French this year. So here's the man whose CDs I'm hoping will turn me into a bi-lingual plumber :-)

Michel Thomas, born Moniek Kroskof (1914 – 2005).

Born in Poland. Escaped to France just before the war. Fought with the Resistance. Helped the Americans and as a reward got American Citizenship. Started a language school on Rodeo Drive (smart move).
Michel himself believed that his learning process is not only effortless but also fun. He has successfully taught ghetto children and, in 1997, a group of sixteen-year-olds in north London who had been told they could never learn a language (so there's hope for me then). His celebrity clients have included, to name just a few, Grace Kelly, Anne Bancroft, Mel Gibson, Donald Sutherland, Emma Thompson, Woody Allen, Warren Beatty and Barbra Streisand, and a host of senior American business leaders, diplomats, dignitaries and academics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Thomas

http://www.michelthomas.com/about_biograph.htm

Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment