Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Day 299. Another plus.

I did start an hour later than I wanted to but I was called out last night at 3am for an hour or so. Anyway another good day with little going wrong. Or more to the point I didn't let anything go wrong.

The last couple of days I've been thinking apart giving the van abit of TLC as it's kept me afloat these last months and I think it's MOT is due. This falls into the category of forward planning. First time in a while that I've given any thought to pre planning the normal day to day stuff. Is this further evidence that I'm turning a corner. I suppose if I act on it, it is.

The other thing I've noticed is I have more time. I'm awake for the same amount of hours but there seems to be more time to get things done.

The answers to all of the above will be more money coming in. Don't get me wrong. I know the quality of my life isn't about how much I earn but it is one of the factors we use to measure things. You can only go so long on little or poor food, same can be said of money. Now I'm old enough and ugly enough to know money is just a commodity you use to exchange for another commodity. It's not my God. It's just something that's coming into play at the moment.

So with all things work-wise going in the right direction and my continuing tinkering with my "to do" list. I thought I'd google "the father of time management" and someone called Frederick Winslow Taylor came up.

Frederick Winslow Taylor (1856 – 1915).

Taylor was born to a wealthy Quaker family in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Taylor was accepted at Harvard Law. However, due to rapidly deteriorating eyesight, Taylor had to consider an alternative career. He became a mechanical engineer who sought to improve industrial efficiency. He is regarded as the father of scientific management. There is quite abit about him on Wiki if you want to read more. If not then here is a small part I copied. Which I found very pertinent for me at this moment in time.

"Taylor had very precise ideas about how to introduce his system:
It is only through enforced standardization of methods, enforced adoption of the best implements and working conditions, and enforced cooperation that this faster work can be assured."

I might just copy this out in my little note book. I find it quite inspiring. Very straight forward words but so much better than I could of written or thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Winslow_Taylor

As always. Onwards and upwards :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment